ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A man was shot and killed after breaking into his girlfriend's apartment, police say.
It happened at about 6 a.m. Saturday in the area of Fairfield Avenue and 59th Street S, according to the St. Petersburg Police Department.
Police say a 26-year-old man got into his girlfriend's apartment when he was confronted by a 48-year-old man. At some point, shots were fired and the 26-year-old died at the scene.
The 48-year-old suffered a non-life-threatening injury, police say.
Two women and a child who also were in the apartment were not hurt.
More information is expected later Saturday.
What other people are reading right now:
- Despite the chaos, finding Evelyn Boswell remains focus of investigation
- Jungle Cruise boat full of passengers sinks at Disney World
- 44 potential African American graves found at shuttered Pinellas County school, city property
- Person presumed to have coronavirus in Oregon works at elementary school
- K-9 deputy attacked by a venomous snake while searching for missing baby
- Skyway 10K guide: Everything you need to know to race
FREE 10NEWS APP: