PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — A former youth church leader is accused of molesting a 15-year-old girl, deputies said.
Heather Matuszek, 32, of Dunedin was charged Wednesday with two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation.
According to Pinellas County deputies, the victim, now 19, told authorities Matuszek molested her in 2014. At the time, the suspect was the victim's youth church leader at Clearwater Community Church.
Matuszek no longer attends the church, deputies said.
The victim said some of the incidents took place in her bed. She said other incidents took place outside of Pinellas County; those will be investigated by other law enforcement agencies.
Detectives interviewed Matuszek on Wednesday, and they said she admitted to the acts that took place in Pinellas County. She was taken into custody.
Detectives say it's possible there are more victims in this case. Anyone who believes their child might be a victim is asked to contact Detective Ghosio of the Crimes Against Children Unit at 727-582-6006.
What other people are reading right now:
- Teen collapses and dies during conditioning drills on Tampa football field
- All Publix subs will be on sale for $5.99 for a week
- Florida ranked second most fun state in America
- Florida man accused of killing his wife of 50 years
- Blood pressure medication recall expanded due to cancer risk