ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The Gandy Bridge to St. Petersburg was shut down to traffic for hours because of a crash Sunday afternoon.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash involved one of its troopers. It happened around 12:20 p.m., according to the Florida Department of Transportation.
Only westbound traffic was affected, not eastbound traffic toward Tampa.
The extent of any injuries is not yet known, however, more information is expected later.
- Debunking common COVID-19 vaccine myths with USF virologist
- Florida hunters have duck stolen by massive gator
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
- How to save the most money shopping online this holiday season
- Side effects from COVID-19 vaccine likely will be unpleasant, doctors warn
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter