ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A 13-year-old boy has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of his grandmother.
Javarick Henderson Jr. is accused of stabbing his grandmother, Gloria Davis, to death on Nov. 25 in her St. Petersburg home.
He was arrested that day on a second-degree murder charge. He was indicted on the first-degree charge on Friday.
Investigators said they have no motive for the killing.
Henderson will be transferred from the Pinellas County Juvenile Detention Center to the Pinellas County Jail, and he will be charged as an adult.
A close friend and neighbor, Mequel Mobley, said Davis enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren and never complained of any problems.
"She would get them for the weekend, take them ice skating, ride with them, do everything with them," Mobley said. "She just liked to have fun with them."
What other people are reading right now:
- Famous dolphin reunited with fisherman who rescued her 14 years ago
- Boat Graveyard: More boats are moving out of the Bay after 10News' investigation
- Warrant: Child soiled pants, teacher made him sit in it for two hours to 'prove a point'
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
- Free flu shots for Hillsborough County students
FREE 10NEWS APP: