The new St. Pete Pier just got a shout out from the king of Hawaiian shirts and the founder of Margaritaville.
Jimmy Buffett, the famous singer-songwriter of "Cheeseburger in Paradise" fame, took over the St. Pete Twitter account on Thursday to "say hello to my good friend Mayor Rick Kriseman" and "all you Parrot Heads in Pinellas County."
In the video, Buffett said he can't wait to get back to the area to check out the new Pier, which opens Monday to the public.
"Stay safe until we see you again," Buffett said. "Fins up, and have a happy Fourth of July!"
The city thanked Buffett and said it'll "save a Cheeseburger in PIERadise + a boat drink for you."
- Florida reports record 10,109 new coronavirus cases in one day
- Who is Ghislaine Maxwell? Jeffrey Epstein associate arrested
- 1 suspect kills self, ex-wife of former soldier in custody in disappearance of Vanessa Guillen, Fort Hood says
- USF president 'deeply troubled' by sexual violence accusations on campus
- Have you ever thought about how fireworks get their color? It's all science!
- Everything to know about the new St. Pete Pier opening, including how to get a reservation
- Coronavirus in Florida: Hospitalizations, deaths, new cases
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter