LARGO, Fla. — Largo police say a man they say is wanted for lewd or lascivious battery of a child younger than 16-years-old has been arrested.
32-year-old Milton Smiley was ultimately located in Spring Hill and was arrested. He is being held at the Hernando County Sheriff's Office Jail.
Officers said Saturday evening they had an active warrant for Smiley's arrest, but didn't know where he was.
Anyone with information on where Smiley was, was asked to contact Largo Police Detective J. Berard at 727-587-6730.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Updates: More pumps coming to Piney Point site for controlled release of reservoir water
- Evacuations ordered over 'imminent' threat millions of gallons of wastewater could gush into Manatee County
- How long does COVID-19 vaccine immunity last?
- Surgeon and teen share game of soccer after heart transplant
- Why some Florida teachers aren't happy with DeSantis' proposal to give every teacher a $1K bonus
- 51 killed in Taiwan train crash
- What to do this Easter weekend across the Tampa Bay area
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter