PINELLAS PARK, Fla. — A man died after a work-related accident Tuesday, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said.
The incident happened about 11:37 a.m. at Junker Joe Hauling on 65th Lane North in unincorporated Pinellas Park. Paramedics arrived and pronounced 59-year-old Joseph Freeman Jr. dead.
Investigators learned one of Freeman's 8-by-12-foot dumping trailer needed repairs because a pin that held the hydraulics on the trailer was coming undone.
Deputies said Freeman and one of his workers lifted the dumping bucket and installed a safety bar, then removed the safety pin in order to fix it.
When he raised the bucket, however, the safety bar came loose and the bucket fell on Freeman, pinning him between the bucket and the trailer's frame.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) was notified.
The investigation is continuing.
What other people are reading right now:
- More than a dozen holes open up in ground in Pasco County
- SCARY VIDEO: Man swings sword at Florida jogger
- This is why there only will be 6 jurors in the Michael Drejka case
- Man found on fire outside Tarpon Springs townhome
- Tampa General Hospital to open NASA mission-control style command center
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.