ST. PETERSBURG, Fla — The St. Petersburg Police Department is working to figure out what led to a man and woman dying following a fire Friday night.
Police say a call came in around 9:30 p.m. concerning a possible arson in the 5400 block of 14th Ave. N.
St. Petersburg Fire Rescue arrived and pulled two people from the home, according to a release. Officers say the man was dead and the woman was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The fire was put out around 1 a.m. Saturday.
Detectives say 67-year-old Charles Nelson died in the fire. His wife, Janet Nelson, had been in critical but stable condition. She died over the weekend, police said.
No other information was immediately available.
- Hurricane warnings issued for parts of Florida's east coast ahead of Isaias
- Tropical Depression Ten forms off the coast of Africa
- Reports: MLB commissioner warns of shut down if coronavirus is managed better
- NASA, SpaceX keeping close eye on Hurricane Isaias ahead of astronauts return to earth this weekend
- Washington State scientists trap their first 'murder hornet'
- Pasco teachers’ union plans legal action against state's reopening order
- 257: For the fourth day in a row, Florida sees highest number of new reported COVID-19 deaths
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter