CLEARWATER, Fla. — Hillcrest Avenue is shutdown near Bellevue Boulevard as the Clearwater Police Department and fire rescue investigate a crash with life-threatening injuries.
According to police, officers responded to a call for a car v. moped around 6:20 p.m. in the area of Hillcrest Avenue and Temple Street.
The man riding the moped was taken as a trauma alert to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg for his injuries. The status of the driver is not yet known.
Hillcrest Avenue is shut down in the area of the crash while crews work.
Police have not yet shared what caused the crash.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay.
What other people are reading right now:
- Pinellas County beaches reaching 'unprecedented levels' of capacity
- Mother accused of murdering 9-year-old son
- Bradenton Police Officer dies unexpectedly after surgery complications
- Can hand sanitizer cause your car to catch fire?
- 'We're not closing our country' if second coronavirus wave hits, Trump says
- 53-year-old tortoise needs new home after owner dies of COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter