ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A search for a missing 3-year-old boy ended with the discovery of him in a pond.
It happened before noon Sunday in the area of Alcazar Way South and 16th Street, according to the St. Petersburg Police Department.
Officers were called to a home to help find the missing child. The boy later was discovered by an officer about a block and a half away in a pond.
He was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An investigation is ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- ATM explodes at Regions Bank in Valrico
- 'A big old fish!': 350-pound grouper caught in Southwest Florida
- No bond for driver accused of hitting, killing jogger on Bayshore Boulevard
- Sheriff: 'Pure evil' man purposely ran over veteran because he wanted to kill somebody
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower