ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Police have arrested the man they say killed a woman Sunday in what is being referred to by authorities as a domestic-related shooting.
Temidayo Ayoola, 25, is being charged with second-degree murder, according to a news release.
The shooting happened around 1:30 p.m. in the area of 8th Avenue S. and 14th Street S., according to police.
The 27-year-old woman, later identified as Leeza Martinez, of Texas, died at the hospital, police said.
Investigators said Martinez's 18-month-old daughter was at the home at the time of the shooting but was not hurt.
The child is now in the custody of the Department of Children and Families.
What other people are reading right now:
- Quest for the Cup: Lightning hit the road for Game 1 against Florida Panthers
- CDC: Fully vaccinated people can largely ditch masks indoors
- Florida legislators prepare for special session on new sports betting deal
- Your guide to jumping on the Tampa Bay Lightning bandwagon
- Which Florida theme parks still require masks outdoors?
- Florida inmates are making robocalls – and the state is cashing in on them
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter