ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A 17-year-old has been charged in connection to a Tuesday night shooting that left another teen hurt, police said.
The teen faces a misdemeanor count of being a minor in possession of a firearm, according to a St. Petersburg Police Department news release.
Officers responded after 8 p.m. Tuesday in the area of 8th Avenue S. and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street S., where a 14-year-old was shot inside a house.
Investigators learned a group of five teens was playing with a gun when it went off, hitting the teen.
He was seriously hurt but had been stable at the hospital, they added.
- Jurors to consider life or death for Ronnie Oneal III
- FHP: 2 motorcyclists shot by passing car on Howard Frankland
- St. Petersburg bartender rescues two women from harasser with fake 'receipt'
- This week’s end to $300 federal unemployment benefit sparks mixed reaction
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter