ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Police are investigating what led up to a deadly shooting Saturday afternoon.
It happened just after 1 p.m. on Freemont Terrace S. and 32nd Street, according to a St. Petersburg Police Department news release.
It says a 30-year-old man, later identified as Tedarrell Davenport, was shot and taken to an area hospital with critical injuries and later died.
Police say they are now investigating a homicide.
No one has been arrested.
More information is expected as it becomes available.
There have been 14 deadly shootings in St. Petersburg since the beginning of the year.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Damaging winds, tornadoes among Tampa Bay's severe weather threats this weekend
- Watch: Large waterspout comes ashore in Panama City Beach
- A gift amid grief: Wife of fallen Tampa Police Officer Jesse Madsen speaks one month after deadly crash
- Matt Gaetz vows to fight, tries to stay on offensive amid scandal
- Getting your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine? Here's what to expect
- Pumping of wastewater from Piney Point put on pause
- Hurricane experts predict an above-average 2021 Atlantic hurricane season
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter