ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Smoke seen and smelled for miles came from a scrapyard near downtown St. Petersburg.
Firefighters battled the flames Monday evening at what appeared to be an auto care business, located in the area of 28th Avenue and 26th Street.
It's not yet known whether anyone is hurt, according to Pinellas County Emergency Services.
What other people are reading right now:
- DOJ: Deadly Naval Air Station Pensacola shooting was an act of terrorism
- Hillsborough sheriff says person behind spree of ATM explosions becoming 'brazen'
- Why did a 13-year-old allegedly kill his grandmother? Police still don't know
- Chick-fil-A giving away chicken nuggets all month
- 'Today was the happiest day of my life': Teen rings bell signaling the end of 3.5 years of chemotherapy
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower