ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A man was killed and another injured in an overnight shooting at a grocery store.
It happened around 1 a.m. Saturday at the Food Max Meat Market on 18th Avenue S, according to the St. Petersburg Police Department.
Responding officers found 38-year-old Bernard Nixon and another man in the parking lot suffering from gunshot wounds, police said. Both men were taken to the hospital; Nixon later died.
The other man is said to be in critical condition.
Police say Darren Williams, 49, was arrested in connection with the shooting. He is charged with felon in possession of a firearm, attempted murder and murder.
What other people are reading right now:
- Stanley Cup Final Game 1: Tampa Bay Lightning take on Dallas Stars Saturday
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
- 'Long haulers': Some COVID-19 survivors dealing will chronic illnesses
- Here's how to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning play in the Stanley Cup Final
- McConnell: Trump Supreme Court nominee will receive vote by full Senate
- CDC reverses controversial COVID-19 testing guidance
- Busy tropics: Tracking major hurricane, 2 tropical storms and 2 disturbances
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter