CLEARWATER, Fla. — The search is on for those responsible for stealing from a sailing camp in Clearwater.
Someone stole kayaks and paddleboards from Freedom Sailing Camp.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said someone cut locks and took the equipment from a trailer parked in a storage facility.
According to its Facebook page, the camp provides a safe, enriching, and affordable sailing for people with Asperger's syndrome and high-functioning individuals on the autism spectrum.
A fundraising page has been set up to help recoup the loss.
Two kayaks have since been donated to the camp.
What other people are reading right now:
- Teacher accused of having sex with student found dead along with her husband
- Mom whose toddler was run over by an SUV lost another child in a 2015 crash, deputies say
- Polk County food bank damaged by tornado reopens
- Thief steals thousands of dollars in gifts from Clearwater couple's wedding
- Kayaker captures video of monkeys belly-flopping into Florida river
FREE 10NEWS APP: