BAY PINES, Fla — A suspicious object was found Wednesday afternoon inside the east gate entrance to the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System.
Nobody was in any immediate danger, and authorities secured the area.
There was no specific word on what the object was, but an official said it was discovered around 1:06 p.m. Wednesday, prompting a Bay Pines police investigation.
Deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to help officers with traffic in the area.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Two planes collide into each other in mid-air near Jacksonville
- Florida man calls 911 to brag after fleeing traffic stop: ‘Like what do we pay you guys for?’
- Florida teacher accused of writing 'WTF is this?' on a student's assignment
- Worst first pitch ever? Chicago White Sox staffer hits photographer
- No license needed: Go saltwater fishing this Saturday and Sunday in Florida