ST. PETERSBURG, Fla — The COVID-19 testing site at Tropicana Field is temporarily closed for the rest of the day, Pinellas County officials say.
Leaders say a high volume of people looking to get tested at the site prompted the early closure. There is currently a two-hour wait for those already at the site. Staff says they want to make sure those waiting will be able to be tested today.
The site will reopen Wednesday at 8 a.m.
For more information and other testing site locations, visit here.
What other people are reading right now:
- What to expect on election night 2020: 3 ways this year could be different
- What ID do I need to bring to vote in Florida?
- Crunching Florida’s early vote turnout: What does it reveal heading into Election Day?
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
- Missing Child Alert issued for 1-year-old Land O'Lakes boy
- Hurricane Eta rapidly intensifies, now a major Category 4 hurricane
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter