PALM HARBOR, Fla. — Florida Highway Patrol has identified the people killed in this crash. They were Bruce E. Johnson, 65; Lisa M. Johnson, 49; and Glenworth M. Johnson, 18, of Clearwater.
No arrests have been made.
The search is on for a driver and their passenger accused of running a red light on U.S. Highway 19, crashing into another car and killing all three people inside.
It happened just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday on U.S. 19 at Tampa Road, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
A Buick LaCrosse heading south on U.S. 19 ran the red light and crashed into a Nissan Versa heading westbound on Tampa Road, troopers say. The crash caused the Versa to spin, throwing its driver and passenger from the car.
Another person in the Versa was partially ejected from the car, FHP says.
The three people -- a 65-year-old, 49-year-old and 18-year-old -- died at the scene of the crash.
Troopers say the driver and passenger of the Buick ran off, running south on U.S. 19.
Anyone with information about their whereabouts or anything about the crash is asked to call FHP at 813-558-1800 or Crime Stoppers of Pinellas at 800-873-TIPS.
What other people are reading right now:
- FHP: 3 people killed on US 19 after driver runs a red light, runs off
- Usher sings 'Amazing Grace' before Lakers' first game since Kobe Bryant's death
- Sunday marks 7 years since the death of ‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle
- Missing 81-year-old woman's truck found in river
- Ship believed to be lost in Bermuda Triangle found off coast of St. Augustine
- 3 women killed, a baby abducted, and the accused captor dead: Here's what we know