ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — St. Petersburg police say a man was shot and killed while trying to break up a fight. Now, police say they've arrested and charged the suspected killer.
Jermaine Cummings was killed around 1:30 a.m. Sunday near 29th Street South and 17th Avenue South. There were several witnesses at the scene but most ran when the shots were fired.
Police say Christopher Canfall, 20, has been charged with second-degree murder in Cummings' death.
Detectives are asking anyone with more information to call the police non-emergency line at 727-893-7780 or text SPPD and an anonymous tip to TIP-411.
What other people are reading right now:
- This is the last known photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
- FHP: Florida man driving Cadillac from sunroof says he'd rather go to jail than back to his wife
- Florida family gets $6 million after woman falls, is left lying in heat at assisted living facility
- Both parents now charged after teen says she ran away with man she met online to avoid rape
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.