TAMPA, Fla. — A man whose body was found along railroad tracks was apparently struck by a train, Tampa police said.
The body was found about 5:52 p.m. Wednesday by two police officers who were patrolling along the tracks near North 50th Street and East Broadway Avenue.
Police are working with CSX to figure out what happened -- and when.
The victim has not been identified.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.