LAKELAND, Fla. — Two people are dead after their cars collided head-on Wednesday afternoon in east Lakeland, Polk County sheriff's deputies said.
The crash happened at about 4:30 p.m. on State Road 542/East Main Street just east of Reynolds Road.
Deputies said 64-year-old Delbert Kendall of Polk City was driving a Ford Focus east on East Main Street when, for unknown reasons, the car crossed the center line into the path of a westbound Subaru Forester driven by 40-year-old Case Hurst of Winter Haven.
Deputies said the drivers of both vehicles were killed and were the only occupants of the cars.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida daycare worker charged with child abuse
- Florida man accused of holding Uber Eats driver against her will
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' stars indicted by federal grand jury for financial crimes
- VIDEO: Teens attack men with skateboards in Orlando
- Chickens test positive for mosquito-borne West Nile virus in Citrus County
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.