LAKELAND, Fla. — Lakeland police are investigating after the body of a missing man was found in a wooded area near E Bella Vista Street.
A medical examiner on Tuesday confirmed the body is Ricky Kimball of Lakeland. Investigators said the cause of his death is not yet known.
Kimball, 65, had been reported missing on June 30. Early that day, Kimball was working at the Circle K at 4415 Kathleen Road when he went outside to take a break.
A report filed with the Polk County Sheriff's Office said he never returned to the store.
Police say this is still an open and active investigation. Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact Detective Ted Sealey at email@example.com or 863-834-5991.
- Florida reports another 7,347 COVID-19 cases, record positivity rate
- Police: Human head found by jogger in St. Petersburg
- Graves may be under Tropicana Field, mayor's office says
- New hurricane season forecast predicts 20 named storms, 9 hurricanes
- Police: 7-year-old Florida boy dies after being shot
- Doctors rank which activities create the most risk for getting COVID-19
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter