POLK CITY, Fla — Polk County Fire Rescue responded to a call about a fire that spread to three homes Wednesday afternoon.
According to the agency, Battalion Chief Brian Golden was driving by a home about 5 p.m. on Motorcoach Drive in Polk City when the fires broke out. He reported the fire, then helped a man and woman get out safely.
A man was able to get out of a second home safely
Fire Rescue officials worked to protect other structures from the fire in the area.
Three homes were destroyed.
This is a developing story. Refresh this story for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.