LAKELAND, Fla — Human remains discovered in Polk County Wednesday have been identified as a woman reported missing on June 30.
The remains found near the 2000 block of West Bella Vista Street belong to 22-year-old Takeria Adderly according to the Lakeland Police Department.
Detectives located Adderly's abandoned car in southeast Lakeland on July 7 pushing their investigation further. In the care was evidence that led investigators to identify a person of interest in her disappearance, according to a release.
The police department is looking into a 21-year-old man as the primary person of interest in Adderly's disappearance and death. He is currently being held in the Polk County Jail on other charges.
Police say Adderly's body was located, concealed within heavy vegetation near the 2000 block of West Bella Vista Street, by a team of canine handlers that were conducting training exercises in the early hours of July 29.
An autopsy has ruled her manner of death as a homicide, detectives say.
Since the beginning of this investigation, detectives say they have obtained 18 search warrants and reviewed approximately 250 hours of surveillance video.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information related to the case is encouraged to contact Detective Cory Lawson at 863.834.8975, 863.559.5137, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a developing story; check back for updates.
- Tropical Storm Isaias prompts hurricane warning in the Bahamas
- Florida to close state-run COVID-19 testing sites due to tropical weather
- Tampa police officer shot in line of duty
- Here's how to make virtual learning successful
- President Trump floats idea of delaying the November election
- Another 253 Floridians have died from coronavirus
- Almost half of Florida's deaths from COVID-19 have been reported in July
- Tampa native Bernard Lafayette remembers good friend and fellow activist John Lewis
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter