LAKELAND, Fla. — Three children and an adult all are in stable condition after a car crashed into a home daycare.
It happened Tuesday in the area of Jewel Avenue and W. 7th Street, according to the Lakeland Fire Department.
Two of the children injured were 2-years-old and a third child was 8-months-old, according to a spokesperson with the Lakeland Police Department. A fourth child was inside the daycare at the time but was not injured.
While the three children were taken to area hospitals by helicopter, the driver of the car was taken to the hospital by ambulance to be checked out as a precaution. They reportedly all are in stable condition.
The exact injuries of the children are unknown and the driver is not facing charges at this time, according to police.
The department tweeted the crash is being investigated as an accident.
What other people are reading right now:
- Attacker cuts HART bus driver in the leg
- 'Unicorn meteor storm' to be triggered by mysterious comet Thursday night
- 'Meth. We're On It.': South Dakota's new anti-meth campaign is raising eyebrows
- Highly sought: Marijuana site wants a cannabis reviewer to 'smoke weed every day'
- Chick-fil-A to stop donating to Christian organizations that drew LGBTQ protests
FREE 10NEWS APP: