LAKELAND, Fla. — Lakeland police are investigating a double homicide near Lake Morton.
Few details were released Tuesday night, but police said detectives are searching the area between Mississippi Avenue and Orange Park Avenue for any potential witnesses or evidence.
Police said there is no danger to the public or local neighborhood at this time. Officers ask people to avoid the area as law enforcement investigates.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Cindy McCain says her husband would have been 'very pleased' by Biden's win, report says
- Tracking Eta: Latest track from NHC shifts west, takes Tampa Bay out of the forecast cone
- Navy sailor from Florida killed in Pearl Harbor laid to rest nearly 80 years later
- 'I am worried': Hospital staff monitoring rise in cases in Tampa Bay, urge communities to use COVID-19 mitigation measures
- Pfizer says early data signals COVID-19 vaccine is effective
- 2020 Election Results | Get live results from 10 Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app