Firefighters have spent 24 hours on the front line – for nine straight days – pumping more than 12 million gallons of water on a fire that just refuses to quit.
The call came in just before 11 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16.
More than a week of dangerous, back-breaking work later, Polk County firefighters say they're still going strong – and they won't give up until the fire at a wood-recycling facility on Lasso Lane is out for good.
No one was hurt when the fire broke out, and no firefighters have been injured. The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
What other people are reading right now:
- She was found stabbed in his trunk, police say. He was just arrested
- 6-year-old with terminal disorder asks for cards from around the world for Christmas
- Woman believes she can see late father in ultrasound of her unborn daughter
- She got a place off-campus. USF charged her $3,750 for a dorm she never had. So, she turned to 10.
- 82-year-old woman bodybuilder fights off home intruder
FREE 10NEWS APP: