LAKELAND, Fla. — A man flying a small aircraft Friday night is OK after deputies say it went down in Lakeland.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office reports the plane's power source went out, causing the emergency landing.
The pilot was able to make it out safely. Deputies say he was the only one on board.
The FAA is now investigating what caused the issue with the power source during flight.
What other people are reading right now:
- Fact-checking the Trump and Biden town halls
- 2 people refilling ammo airlifted with burns after 'explosion' engulfs garage in flames
- C-SPAN suspends Steve Scully after he admits to lying about Twitter hack
- Can we rely on 'herd immunity' to get rid of COVID-19 in Florida?
- USF to close College of Education, reconfigure it into graduate school amid budget cuts
- Feel like you're getting a ton of political campaign texts? It's not just you. Here's how to stop them
- The tropics are quiet now, but expected to get active for late October
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter