LAKELAND, Fla. — Crews are monitoring hot spots from a fire that broke out a Polk County wood recycling facility on Saturday.
Firefighters first were called just before 11 p.m. Saturday to Southern Softwoods, located at 2425 Lasso Lane.
There's plenty of debris here to fuel a fire because stuff like yard waste and raw wood are brought here and converted to mulch.
No injuries have been reported.
The cause of the fire still is under investigation.
Editor's Note: Polk County Fire Rescue has clarified the fire is burning across the street from the originally reported Pallet Recycle.
What other people are reading right now:
- Bicyclist hit by car along Pinellas Trail. Police are searching for the driver
- Dog using porch to stay warm picked up by police
- Five Below starts selling items more than $5
- Florida Strawberry Festival announces full concert lineup for 2020
- Restaurant Red Alert: There were weevils in the rice and flour
FREE 10NEWS APP: