LAKELAND, Fla. — An investigation is underway into what's believed to be a deadly hit-and-run crash.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office says Kara Fay Hanvey, 22, was found dead, laying in the median of U.S. Highway 92.
Westbound U.S. Highway 92 earlier was closed from Saddle Creek to Reynolds roads because of the crash. It since has reopened to traffic.
Investigators are looking for anyone who might have witnessed the crash or has information about the victim.
They are asked to call the Polk County Sheriff's Office at 863-298-6200 or remain anonymous and contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226 TIPS or on their website.
What other people are reading right now:
- Valedictorian calls out teacher, counselor in her graduation speech
- Photo of former Marine and his wife goes viral: 'America just fell in love'
- Woman accused of using a stake to poke at, stomp on a sea turtle nest
- Florida death row inmate gets convicted of another murder
- Women prefer a 'dad bod' over six-pack abs, survey finds