PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Several people, including three children, were rushed to the hospital with serious injuries after troopers say a driver ran a red light and caused a three-car crash.
The crash happened around 3:19 p.m. on Sunday afternoon on Ulmerton Road and US 19, according to investigators.
Troopers say a 28-year-old man from Manatee County ran a red light and crashed into the right side of a pickup truck that had a 12-year-old girl, an 8-year-old boy, and a 41-year-old man from Clearwater inside.
The cars began rotating and crashed a second time before the pickup truck overturned and crashed into another pickup. Troopers say the second pickup truck had a 1-year-old girl inside and was driven by a 29-year-old man from Land O'Lakes.
According to investigators, all six people involved in the crash had serious injuries and were taken to the hospital.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Bucs become first team in NFL history to play in a Super Bowl at their home stadium
- The stage is set: Buccaneers and Chiefs will meet in Tampa Bay for Super Bowl LV
- Here's how many fans will be allowed to attend Super Bowl LV
- Delta Air Lines flight makes emergency landing in Tampa after bird strike
- What you should and shouldn't do after getting your COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida surgeon general orders vaccine providers to ensure recipients live in the state
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter