BROOKSVILLE, Fla — Flames ripped through a mobile home Friday morning in Brooksville, and firefighters say there were reports of multiple explosions.
According to Hernando County Fire Rescue, a man escaped before firefighters arrived. He was taken to Oak Hill Hospital for respiratory issues. He is stable.
A neighbor was also checked out by paramedics but not taken to the hospital.
Three fire engines, two rescue trucks, two battalion chiefs and the division chief of operations all responded to the burning home on Dehaven Avenue near Fitzpatrick Avenue.
People were told to avoid the area. There is no word on what sparked the fire.
What other people are reading right now:
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash: What we know now
- California baseball coach, his wife and daughter killed in helicopter crash with Kobe Bryant
- All 9 people killed in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash identified
- Police: Wrong-way driver charged in crash that killed two people
- SpaceX to launch fourth batch of Starlink satellites from Florida
- Scary paint job makes $500K Florida home look like a cartoon
- Beware of ransomware: Tax scam season begins now
- The Tampa Bay 55 podcast is here. Listen to the first episode!
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower