People outside or driving into work Thursday morning throughout Tampa Bay may have seen a bright streak of light in the sky.
The exhaust from the United Launch Alliance’s Atlas V rocket could be seen after it launched.
The rocket launched at about 6:13 a.m. Thursday from Cape Canaveral. The rocket carried a communications satellite for the U.S. Air Force.
Several people posted photos and video to social media as the rocket traveled through the sky.
Watch the launch: Click or tap here
What other people are reading right now:
- 15 apps parents should look out for on their kids' phones
- Man gets life for impregnating 10-year-old
- 1 child dead, 1 critical after van fire in Walmart parking lot
- 85-year-old Florida man accused of murdering 90-year-old lover of 60 years
- Walgreens to shut 200 US stores as part of cost-cutting plan
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.