SARASOTA, Fla. — Two toddlers have been flown to the hospital after a bike accident in Sarasota.
Their father was towing the boys -- ages 3 and 5 -- in a wagon behind the bicycle when the bike hit a curb, and the children were ejected.
The bicyclist crossed U.S. 301 at 17th Street in the crosswalk and the back tire of the wagon hit the curb and the wagon to flipped over and threw the children out.
Both children were transported by medical helicopter to All Children’s Hospital and are currently being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The children weren't wearing helmets, according to police.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10News for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Forest Hill officer who failed to find kidnapped 8-year-old girl has been fired
- 2019 Atlantic hurricane season: What to expect
- Retired police officer dies while visiting Dominican Republic
- 'My Little Pony' casket donated for Maleah Davis' funeral
- Motorcyclist killed in wrong-way crash on I-75
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.