SARASOTA, Fla. — An infant has died after a medical emergency in Sarasota Thursday, police say.
According to the Sarasota Police Department, the emergency happened at a child care facility near North Orange Avenue and 10th Street. Officers say a 3-month-old was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital and later died.
Detectives are speaking with employees of the child care facility as part of the investigation.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Sarasota Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 941-263-6070.
What other people are reading right now:
- Getting your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine? Here's what to expect
- Prince Philip, husband of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, dead at 99
- Pumping of wastewater from Piney Point put on pause
- Man sentenced to 24 years in prison for killing of mom, baby in 2018 Bayshore crash
- Hurricane experts predict an above-average Atlantic hurricane season in 2021
- Rays Up! Here's everything you need to know about the Tampa Bay Rays home opener today
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter