NOKOMIS, Fla. — They should have been enjoying their golden years – but Sarasota County deputies say 76-year-old John Richardson murdered his wife.
Judith Richardson, 74, was killed in June. Deputies responded to the couple’s home at 517 Rousseau Dr. in Nokomis and found her dead.
According to a news release, detectives spotted a bloody pillowcase near hear body – and John Richardson’s broken watch. Deputies say the husband had fresh scrapes and bruises on his arms. The arrest report states he told them “I may have had something to do with her demise.”
According to investigators, he later said, “I’m interested in what forensics is going to say.”
The medical examiner determined Judith Richardson was hit on her head and upper body multiple times with a blunt object.
John Richardson was arrested Monday afternoon and charged with murder. He’s being held on a $500,000 bond as the investigation into his wife’s death continues.
What other people are reading right now:
- Sheriff: 137 pounds of meth, 5 kilos of heroin seized in Polk County drug bust
- Police: Child playing with Nerf gun shot by drunk man with real gun
- 'Nice try you creep': Skeptical woman gets selfie from officer to prove his identity
- Pasco Co. man accused of attacking woman with hatchet and hammer in meth-fueled rage
- Women accused of stealing elderly lady's credit cards, smiling on $5K shopping spree
- 12 Christmas light displays to see around Tampa Bay this holiday season
FREE 10NEWS APP: