SARASOTA, Fla. — The Sarasota Police Department says a man was not hurt after his car crashed into Sarasota Bay.
Officers said the man told them he swerved to avoid an oncoming car.
The crash happened just before 1:30 a.m.
Officers said they were able to pull the driver out. He was cited for careless driving, according to the Sarasota Police Department.
What other people are reading right now:
- Are some COVID-19 vaccines more effective than others?
- Florida Senate sets aside $3 million for Piney Point clean-up
- Police stepping up patrols in South St. Pete after gun violence grows
- CDC's new cruise guidelines could create conflict with Florida's 'no vaccine passports' order
- Derek Chauvin trial: George Floyd's possible drug use takes center stage
- Amid federal probe, Rep. Matt Gaetz set to give keynote speech at women's conservative group summit in Florida
- Is blowback in Georgia delaying vote on similar election changes in Florida?
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter