SARASOTA, Fla. — A man is dead and another is in serious condition following a crash Sunday night in Sarasota.
FHP says the crash happened just after 8:30 p.m. near the intersection of University Parkway and Kentucky Street.
A car tried to turn left from Kentucky Street onto the eastbound lanes of University Parkway. A motorcyclist was traveling westbound on University Parkway, approaching Kentucky Street. According to FHP, the car traveled into the oncoming path of the motorcycle, causing the right front of the motorcycle to collide with the left side of the car.
Both the car and motorcycle came to rest in the crossover median between the westbound and eastbound lanes of University parkway.
FHP says the motorcyclist died from injuries he received from the crash. The man driving the car is listed in serious condition.
The crash shut down all westbound lanes of University Parkway at Shade Avenue for several hours last night as FHP, with the help of Sarasota Sheriff's deputies, worked the crash.
Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Florida adds another 10,059 coronavirus cases in one day
- Police identify men struck by lightning on Clearwater Beach
- Bellagio error may be biggest sportsbook loss in Vegas history
- Clearwater Fire Medics deliver baby boy on Courtney Campbell beach
- Deadly amoeba that destroys brain infects person in Hillsborough County, health department warns
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies of coronavirus in Florida
- Disney World Annual Passholders accidentally charged for months parks were closed for COVID-19
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter