VENICE, Fla. — The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly wrong-way crash in Venice that shut down the northbound lanes of I-75.
Troopers say a man was killed and two women were seriously hurt in the crash just north of Jacaranda Boulevard late Monday night.
It was a head-on collision when troopers say a woman, driving in the wrong direction, slammed into a Nissan Altima.
Investigators say the man in the Nissan died at the scene. A woman in the passenger's seat was rushed to the hospital with critical injuries.
The accused wrong-way driver was also transported with serious injuries, troopers added.
All lanes of I-75 northbound reopened just before 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- Pinellas County long-term care facility prepares for COVID-19 vaccines
- Tampa General Hospital nurse among first in Florida to get COVID-19 vaccine
- President-elect Biden addresses nation after Electoral College solidifies victory
- White House task force recommends stricter virus measures for Florida
- COVID-19 vaccine shipments begin in historic US effort
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter