SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. — Troopers are looking to speak with the driver of a Ford truck accused of hitting a person on Interstate 75 and injuring them.
It happened just before midnight Saturday on the highway near mile marker 203.5 in Sarasota County, the Florida Highway Patrol said in a news release.
The truck was heading north on I-75 in the right lane as it approached a car that had stopped on the shoulder with its driver standing outside. As the car's driver opened the driver's door, they were hit, troopers said.
The person, who has not been identified, was taken to an area hospital with serious injuries.
It's believed the truck is dark in color with right front headlight damage and right-side damage. Anyone with information is asked to call *FHP or Sarasota County Crime Stoppers at 941-366-8477.
- 1 person dead, another hurt after being hit by truck at South Florida Pride parade
- Man arrested in connection to woman's burned body found near Skyway bridge
- 'Huge' car dealer Billy Fuccillo dies in Florida at 64
- Don't do this: Illegally-parked car gets swamped
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter