SARASOTA, Fla. — A Sarasota officer has been rushed to the hospital after a vehicle crashed with a police motorcycle near US 301 and Ringling Boulevard.
Investigators believe a driver's vehicle rear-ended the police motorcycle at the intersection just before 10:15 a.m. Friday.
The driver is cooperating with investigators.
Police say the officer's injuries are not life-threatening. First responders took the officer to Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
The investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Fort Lauderdale to be without water for at least 24 hours -- maybe longer
- Her body was found near the Chattahoochee River. We don't know her name.
- 3-year-old girl needs help finding missing 'daddy doll'
- After flesh-eating bacteria reports, health department says beaches are safe, 'but use caution'
- Florida man accused of driving into building, spitting on deputy
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.