NORTH PORT, Fla. — A husband and wife were found dead early Saturday morning as police responded to a report of a possible family disturbance.
It is being investigated as a suspected murder-suicide, police say.
Officers were called around 1 a.m. to the home in the area of Lady Slipper Avenue and Coalingo Street, according to North Port police.
Police also were aware there were reports of shots fired in the home. The man and woman were found dead as officers made their way inside.
The public is not believed to be in any danger.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of keeping girl locked in room for a year caught in St. Petersburg
- 'These photos were taken 7 months apart' | Mom shares photos of son to bring awareness to addiction
- Florida man pays off lunch debts for entire school district
- High school turns down free Chick-fil-A 'out of respect for our LGBTQ staff'
- Florida lawmakers think they have the secret to a 'healthy marriage'
FREE 10NEWS APP: