SARASOTA, Fla — A Sarasota man is behind bars after deputies say they discovered he was in possession of child pornography.
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office says William LaMoore, 50, was arrested Friday after detectives received a tip in April of a video containing child pornography being uploaded to Dropbox.
During an investigation, detectives were able to trace the IP address of the person who uploaded the video. They say that led them to LaMoore, and after searching his Dropbox account, detectives discovered 18 videos of child pornography.
LaMoore faces 18 counts of possession of child pornography.
What other people are reading right now:
- 2 passengers onboard fully-vaccinated Royal Caribbean cruise test positive for COVID-19
- Full Stanley Cup Semifinals schedule between Lightning, Islanders released
- Deputies: Body found near Skyway Bridge identified as missing Hillsborough County woman
- Inmate accused of murdering baby scales wall to escape Pinellas County Jail, planned to 'Uber to Panama'
- Coughing at a Pinellas County beach? Red tide could be why
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter