SARASOTA, Fla. — Sarasota selected a new mayor Friday afternoon, according to our news partner WWSB.
At-Large Commissioner Jen Ahearn-Koch was selected to serve for the next year by her fellow commissioners. The decision, made during a commission meeting Friday afternoon, was unanimous. District 3 Commissioner and former mayor Shelli Freeland Eddi was selected to serve as Vice Mayor.
In Sarasota, voters choose their commissioners, and the commissioners select the mayor and vice mayor from among themselves.
What other people are reading right now:
- Emails reveal calls for Hillsborough commissioner to recuse himself after 10Investigates story
- Suspect in Aniah Blanchard disappearance arrested in Florida
- Chemical mixture at Buffalo Wild Wings kills 1 employee
- Sheriff: Former middle school assistant principal, theme park workers caught in child porn bust
- Thief steals thousands of dollars in gifts from Clearwater couple's wedding
FREE 10NEWS APP: