NOKOMIS, Fla. — A $3 million mansion was still smoldering on New Year's Eve after a fire broke out early Wednesday morning in Nokomis.
It happened in the 2500 block of Casey Key Road.
A neighbor noticed the fire around 2:45 a.m. Wednesday and called 911. Dispatchers escalated the situation to a two-alarm fire shortly thereafter.
The roof collapsed, and all the windows have been bashed out.
Luckily, nobody was hurt.
A total of 21 units and 63 firefighters responded Wednesday. And, the ATF was also on scene, as authorities continue to investigate the cause.
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office temporarily closed a stretch of Casey Key Road.
- Senate GOP blocks Democratic push for Trump's $2K checks
- Ready for the $600 second stimulus check? Here's the potential timeline
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson surprises Wesley Chapel boy for Christmas
- Indiana pastor, his mother, and sister die from COVID-19 in one week
- Biden criticizes pace of coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Here's what you need to know about the new Florida laws taking effect this week
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter