SARASOTA, Fla. — The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says a boy died Saturday after a boating accident near the John Ringling Causeway Bridge.
Two boats that were part of a youth sailing club practice crashed into each other near the bridge, according to FWC.
It happened before noon Saturday.
FWC said the teen was seriously hurt in the crash and later died from his injuries.
The incident is being investigated by FWC.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- To travel or not to travel: What is the risk?
- White House highlights Tampa Bay as top area where COVID-19 is aggressively spreading
- Local boy asks for food donations instead of gifts for his birthday to help feed families
- There's a long wait for a COVID-19 test at Tropicana Field: Consider these alternatives
- As the vaccine approval process progresses, concern for rural America grows
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter