VENICE, Fla. — A small plane crashed into a pond at a golf and country club Saturday evening in Venice, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office said.
Deputies say the crash happened around 5:15 p.m. at the Pelican Pointe Gold and Country Club.
The small plane had to make an emergency landing, citing engine problems, the agency said. It ended up in a pond as a result.
Two people were on board the plane and one person was taken to the hospital for observation, deputies said.
The FAA is also investigating the crash, according to the sheriff's office.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: 8 killed in Indianapolis FedEx building shooting, others being treated at hospitals
- Baby toys at Target, Walmart recalled for potential choking hazards
- Rays propose 'world class' multi-sport stadium in St. Pete for Rays and Rowdies
- Florida 'anti-riot' bill headed to Gov. DeSantis' desk after being passed by the Senate
- Bill aiming to repeal Florida toll road projects passes House committee
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter