SARASOTA, Fla. — Three teens died in an early Wednesday morning crash on the John Ringling Causeway Bridge.
Sarasota police identified them as Oscar Flores,19, Daniel Flores 17, and Isabella Paoletta, 15. They are all from Sarasota.
Police said Daniel and Oscar are brothers, but they weren't sure how the teen girl knew them.
A crowd of people went to the bridge Wednesday evening to hold a memorial for the teens.
Their car had been traveling westbound on the bridge near Bird Key, the Sarasota Police Department said.
Police have since reopened traffic, but the bridge was closed from Sunset Drive to Bird Key Park for several hours. Drivers should be cautious of officers working in the area.
Police are trying to determine the cause of the crash.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant, poll finds
- Mom charged with homicide nearly a decade after 4-year-old girl's death
- New Jersey man found dead in the Dominican Republic; 9th American tourist to die in country
- Hernando County pizza restaurant customers may have been exposed to hepatitis A
- Acting defense secretary explains why he withdrew from leading Pentagon
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.