VENICE, Fla. — UPDATE:
In a post on Facebook Thursday morning, the men announced they found the owner of the GoPro and his name is Doug.
They went searching for shark teeth but came up with a camera instead.
A group of buddies diving about a half-mile off the coast of Venice recently say they found a GoPro camera about 30-feet down at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.
So they brought it up and powered it on—it still worked.
On it, the friends say they found several videos of a man along with a group of friends on what looks like a charter boat.
The friends took this screengrab from one of the videos found on the GoPro. This is the man they're trying to track down:
But so far, no luck.
Now they’re hoping to spread the word.
If you recognize the man, you can contact iHuntdeadThings through their Facebook page.
What other people are reading right now:
- Could 2020 be the year Florida legalizes recreational marijuana?
- 750 soldiers deploy to Middle East after U.S. Embassy attack in Iraq
- Pope Francis apologizes after slapping woman's hand when she yanks his arm
- Two Jewish men sucker-punched on the sidewalk (video)
- New Florida laws going into effect Jan. 1
- Disney offers Florida residents 4-day tickets for $49 per day